Personal

The Happiness Project

03:44


Gretchen Rubin is a genius! :) I bought this book last July and I was only able to finish reading it only now since I was always preoccupied with a lot of things and I have been also reading other books. Everyone is searching for happiness and Gretchen Rubin found answers and solutions, it is all written in this book. Every page could  make you go "I should try this!" and "I agree, this is so true" hahaha

Here are some of the things I noted down while I was reading:

  • Happiness is a critical factor for work, and work is a critical factor for happiness.
  • Being happy energizes you and at the same time, having more energy makes it easier for you to engage in activities.
  • A happy atmosphere isn't created merely by the absence of nagging and yelling but also by jokes, games and tomfoolery.
  • Generous acts strengthen the bonds of friendship and whats more studies show that your happiness is often boosted more by providing support to other people than from receiving support yourself.
  • Hugging relieve stress, boosts feeling of closeness and even squelches pain.
  • One of the great joys of falling in love is the feeling that the most extraordinary person in the entire world has chosen you. ( this is just too mushy for me to take hahaha but somehow I agree with this :p)
  • Studies show that each common interest between two people boosts the chances of a lasting relationship and also bring about two percent increase of life satisfaction.
  • Consistently grateful people are happier and more satisfied with their lives.
  • Listening to music is one of the quickest, simplest ways to boost mood and energy and to induce a particular mood.
  • Music stimulates the parts of the brain to trigger happiness and it can relax the body.
  • Novelty and challenge bring big boosts in happiness. Unfortunately, novelty and challenge also bring exhaustion and frustration.
  • Laughter is more than just a pleasurable activity. It can boost immunity and lower blood pressure. It increases people's tolerance of pain.
  • One of life's most exquisite pleasures is making people laugh.
  • Kindness in everyday life takes the form of good manners.
  • Giving positive reviews require humility. 

I have learned and realized so many things. This book made me happier not because I also created my happiness project (but I will, soon enough :p) but just by remembering the things I've read and applying it to my daily life like simply going to sleep earlier, acting more energetic, giving proofs of love, enjoying the now, taking time to be more silly, being generous, avoiding gossip, keeping a gratitude notebook, laughing out loud and giving positive reviews. These things helped me become more happy and made me aware of the things that could truly make me happy. The book also reminded me in order to be happy, you are required to do a lot of effort and to have courage. Therefore, you should be really passionate and enthusiastic about becoming more happy! :) This book gave me the idea of creating my blog which indeed made me a happier person because when I first created my blog post, I felt a significant boost of energy and excitement that I have never felt before :)

 Since the year is almost ending,( two months from now its a new year again :o) I encourage you guys to create your own happiness project and I also encourage you to read this book, of course :) You can also visit this site www.happiness-project.com

Be happy <3, Laura

You Might Also Like

0 comments