Personal

Graduation Ball: The Oscars

18:54

I don't even know how to begin this post. Aaah! The excitement and thrill of the graduation ball is over but I'm going share them to you anyway. It was held at the Grand Convention Center last Tuesday. I was too lazy to bring a decent camera so I borrowed these photos from my friend Trisha and I also used my phone camera.

Our theme was the Oscars so I went for the classic fishtail/ mermaid silhouette. I had this gown made and I showed an inspiration for the design. I told my designer to incorporate the pink, the floral and the sparkly and he came up with this. You don't know how happy I was when I got to see it. 


A funny thing was I received a lot of comments like "Your gown resembles Laura" What does a Laura gown even mean? Hahahahaha. I was very delighted with the comments because it meant that people already knew my style and how I like to dress.


To make the night really feel like the Oscars, the teachers came up with the idea of giving awards. The students casted the votes a week ago and I was a nominated for the "Josenian Fashionista" award. A massive thank you to everyone who voted for me! Without you, I wouldn't be able to win the award. I'm so grateful and blessed.


Overall, the night was unforgettable. Just by the sight of my batchmates in long evening gowns and suits made it a whole lot magical. It was a celebration of fulfillment that everyone deserved. All those perfect moments, dances and feelings of joy from being able to get this far made the whole night the best.

<3, Laura Posadas

You Might Also Like

0 comments