Personal

Summer Plans

06:54





Here are last year's summer photos to make this post really summer related :p So, it's officially summer for me and for most of us. Here are suggestions on how you can make your Summer 2014 really worthwhile :)

  • Summer Classes. What better way to make your summer really worthwhile right? Take summer classes/workshop of your choice. May it be dancing, singing, painting, acting and what not. There are tons of summer workshops out there, you just have to find out what really interests you and then you're good to go.
  • Summer outing with your fam. What is summer without an outing? I think summer would never be complete if you don't go out to the beach or resort or some pool in your neighborhood. Though I'm not a fan of swimming in beaches or pools, I still love summer outings with the family cause it gives me the summer feel and you get to really bond with your family. But my favorite thing to do during a summer outing is to lounge in a beach chair with my sunnies and earphones on where you can listen to your summer playlist and feel the good vibes all the way.
  • Stay Active. It had always been my new year's resolution to stay fit, may it be doing yoga and workouts, using the elliptical trainer or going for a jog. I promised myself to do at least one physical activity everyday to keep myself fit, not thin okay? :p My bestfriends and I really enjoy playing volleyball and so we are planning to join the volleyball summer workshop at school. It would be a totally different thing for us cause we're not used to playing sports. But hey, it's never too late to be a sporty chic 
  •  Read Books. Aside from the summer workshops, I made a goal to finish 15 to 20 books this summer. I just really miss reading books because school has been taking all my time for the past few months and I haven't had time to read books. Except for the time I had measles and stayed home for one week, I finished "Eleanor and Park" It's a must read, I tell you :p I'm planning to finish all of John Green's books this summer, I heard they're really nice or even my sister's Harry Potter collection. I know you're gonna hate me because I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan but I'm gonna try.
  • Watch Movies. Another one would be watching tv series and movies :p So I have these guy bestfriends and we've been bestfriends since we were kids playing outside the house. I never knew we really share the same interests. We're movie enthusiasts :p we talk about movies all the time and we are planning to finish the whole How I met your mother tv series this summer, hopefully we can! and If I'm at home doing nothing, I would make it a point to finish one chick flick or any movie.
  • Write letters. I don't think everyone would enjoy doing this but don't you just want to make others feel loved? Writing letters of appreciation and gratitude is one sure way. Write to your teachers, classmates, relatives, bestfriends or even someone you just met! But don't give it to them until you move out or graduate cause it will surely be awkward when you see each other again. If you know what I mean :p
  • Bestie date. School is over which means you won't be seeing your bestfriends five times a week anymore. So in order for you to catch up with each other's lives you should go out on a bestie date! Head out to some cute new cafe or to your favorite hangout place to share all your chikas and to just chill.
  • Food trip. If it really gets boring at home and there's no food. Go on a food trip with your sister or even your yaya just to accompany you :) I tried doing this with my sister. We went to the nearest "mall" with our house clothes on hahahaha. And we both had waffles to shawarma to fries! It's a time to satisfy your cravings haha
  • Play musical instruments. I'm not really best in playing musical instruments. I tried having piano and violin lessons. And we had flute sessions in school. My brother even taught me how to play guitar which I really enjoy among all the instruments I sort of know. But I can't really call myself a pro, I just do it for fun. Learning a musical instrument is absolutely a delightful thing to do :)
<3, Laura Posadas

You Might Also Like

0 comments