Personal

Four Things I Learned in High School

22:17

It's June and I created this post in relation to the back to school season. I already left high school for good last march since I belong to the old curriculum and I could tell you that I had the best four years in high school. Each year, I learned one major lesson and this is what this blog post is about. Plus I'll be putting up throwback photos from each year.

Change is good.

Coming from the grade school department and now being a part of the high school was not an easy transition. I didn't know anything about high school so I was scared. I was very insecure. I didn't know who I was and I didn't how I'd fit in. I didn't understand most of the things that was happening around me but one thing's for sure, the change was good. The change taught me a lot of lessons and that it was all part of growing up. In the later part of the year, I was able to love high school.


Be open to new friends.

You're gonna meet friends you'd keep for the rest of your high school life and even after high school. I met mine on my second year. At first, it was tough being in different sections with my old friends but then I made sure that we still kept in touch. I met amazing girls who I never thought I'd be friends with. I'm grateful to have them because they sure are a foundation of love and support. They're the type of girls who give the right amount of confidence in me. If you don't have these friends, you can be this kind of friend! Everyone would love to have a friend like this.


Find Yourself.

My third year was a bit more subtle, no huge surprises in between or major changes. It was a year I found myself through this blog. This blog was born and it was still very underground back then, I never showed anyone. I was able to learn about my style and my love for fashion was deeply developed. I also learned about the importance of being independent and empowered as a girl.


The only decent picture from graduation day.

Reach your full potentials.

Senior year was the year I felt like I really blossomed. From being this really shy girl who seldomly talks in class to the girl who leads the whole class. Teachers knew about me and I was given responsibilities. A lot of them. I learned to to put others before me and to serve my class. I made sure I gave my best in everything because it was my last year in high school and I wanted it to be unforgettable.

To my dear readers who are in high school or about to go in high school, I hope you've learned something from this post! High school is a long and tough ride but with the right amount of confidence, class and motivation you'd surely reach your goals and be the best version of yourself.

<3, Laura Posadas

You Might Also Like

0 comments