Personal

Before the Year Ends

05:34


Before the year ends, I'd like to do a flashback of how my 2015 went. This is the annual year ender post that I do. So if the 2013 post was about the highlights of my year and the 2014 post was more of staying positive and lessons that I learned, then 2015 is both! I've been doing a lot of looking back and even if I don't tell you, you might have already figured out that a LOT can change in a span of twelve months. A LOT. (I just want to emphasize the amount of changes that happens) After the end of every year you happen to be a different person. You are an improved, stronger and wiser you!

2015 Highlights
  • The transition to college from high school was a major thing this year. Changing to a different school and of course the whole college environment was so new to me (this isn't the first time I mentioned this) and I had to make adjustments from time to time.
  • I decided that I shouldn't waste opportunities when they came to me, so I agreed to sign up as a writer in the student publication in school and to my surprise I got in after the screening exam and the panel interview. So always open your hearts to opportunities!
  • I had the guts to also try out for the volleyball team and it was wonderful experience. Scary at first but it was all worth it in the end. 
  • If you love traveling but is not financially capable yet, then why not go to domestic places right? I was able to visit places this year namely Dumaguete, Bacolod and Manila.
  • And who wouldn't forget my candy mag feature this year? It wasn't such a big deal but everybody started calling me the candy girl and I had no choice but to embrace it. 

     2015 Life Lessons
    • This year I learned to value family. It has been so long since I've seen my family complete at home and we were for a month or so the last summer but it didn't last long because life keeps happening. It is at times like this when you start to realize that family always comes first.
    •  I've really learned to prioritize my studies before anything else this year. I learned to value education, and to never stop learning. Wait this sounds like a motto from my school or something. Well we are taught to be life-long learners in school. Haha now I know where I got this from.
    • I learned to keep old friends.We have completely separated with my best friends in high school because we've chosen different career paths but once we reunite our bond never changes. It seems like college never happened to us.
    • Make new friends. One thing in college that amazes me the most is how diverse people are. You get to meet people from different places and from different walks of life. Always grab the opportunity to make friends. 
    • I have also learned that one great thing can lead to another. So never give up on your goals and aspirations because as one door opens, multiple doors start to open for you too.
    • I love my blog and my blog readers. This seems a bit selfish but allow me because I always seem to forget that I have an obligation to fill in this virtual space of mine. So I just want you to know that I love what I'm doing and I love you, my blog readers. A lot of you have been sending me messages and complimenting me here and there.You don't know how much I appreciate all of it, thank you.
    Lastly, I have also taken into consideration, being a youtuber. I enjoy watching them and I think it would be fun to make videos as well. Please let me know if you think I can AT LEAST  try to become a youtuber by leaving a comment or telling me through any of my social media accounts.

    I hope you all enjoyed the holidays because I did and I can't wait for the new year. It's time to rebuild ourselves again.

    <3, Laura Posadas

    You Might Also Like

    1 comments